There are many questions about how to interpret rain in the weather forecast. Some are focused on the PoP, some are focused on the amount, while others are focused on trying to find a relationship between the two. Most are new users trying to figure out what the forecast really means. I would like to suggest that we consider these as duplicates and consolidate them to one question. The revised question would be comprehensive in nature... something like "How should I interpret the rain forecast?" It would mean migrating good answers, which I think is possible. And we would probably get some good new answers. Here are the questions that are similar in nature:
- How to interpret hourly precipitation forecast?
- I'm still confused about what "probability of precipitation" means
- How to interpret precipitation probability?
- Intuitive explanation of precipitation amount
- What does a mm of rain mean?
- What do weather forecasters mean when they say "50% chance of rain"?
- Relationship between Probability of Precipitation and Predicted Amount of Rain
Do people like this idea? Or is this too much micro-managing?