One question that'd benefit from this already, and as a somewhat controversial topic and an active area of research I'd be astonished if we don't get more. I suggest "mantle-plumes", as hotspot's more contested terminology (because it ascribes a particular process of formation to surface features). "hotspot" as a tag might also have its uses, of course, but I suggest its usage should be highly specific.

ETA per discussion in chat about etiquette, I've unilaterally created the tag. Happy to be informed if that's impolite and I shouldn't in future!



You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .