I am currently Visiting Research Scholar at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Prior to coming here, I worked for 4 years as Assistant Professor of Geophysics at the Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), Brazil. My research focuses on inverse problems in potential field geophysics with a heavy dose of open-source software development. Lately, I am developing the Python bindings for the Generic Mapping Tools. I do my best to bring more openness to the scientific process and to train the next generation of scientists in the best practices of reproducible computational experiments.
Top network posts
- 22 Placement of crustal thickness estimation from 1D inversion of surface wave dispersion curves
- 13 Is earthquake prediction possible?
- 11 Is it possible to find the magma chambers that produce supervolcanos?
- 10 Are there any techniques for imaging the deep Earth besides seismic waves?
- 7 Data publication basics - where, why, how, and when should I publish my unpublished data?
- 6 What geophysical instruments should I use to detect water without drilling?
- 5 Which package should I use to wrap Modern Fortran Code with Python?
- View more network posts →