Hey there! I'm HDE 226868, an astrophysics and mathematics major looking to focus on computational and stellar astrophysics. My current interests include pulsar timing and x-ray spectroscopy of massive stars. Ask me about them at any time! I love to talk and write about astronomy.
I'm an elected moderator on Worldbuilding and a pro-tem mod on History of Science & Mathematics, Mythology, and Astronomy, and a retired moderator on Interpersonal Skills. I also participate on a number of sites elsewhere on the network.
Oh, and I run, program, listen to music, design crosswords, blog, and play board games, when I have the time.
A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Member for 5 years
4 profile views
Last seen Jul 1 '19 at 22:44
- Worldbuilding♦ 80.6k 80.6k 1818 gold badges250250 silver badges457457 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 28.1k 28.1k 1313 gold badges6565 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Astronomy♦ 22.9k 22.9k 33 gold badges7575 silver badges138138 bronze badges
- Physics 9.7k 9.7k 55 gold badges3434 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 8.9k 8.9k 88 gold badges3939 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 271 Thank you, Robert Cartaino
- 162 How to tell an overweight person that the hike will be too hard?
- 131 After the recent CM departures, are there plans to shut down network sites or Area 51?
- 123 Toward a philosophy of Chat
- 117 Have only girls been born for a long time in this village?
- 117 Revisiting the "Hot Network Questions" feature, what are our shared goals for having it?
- 112 Is it worth sending a manned mission to a black hole?
- View more network posts →