I am a Geophysicists from Canada (I grew up in Italy).
I have a Honors degree in Geology from the University of Rome, Italy, and a Masters degree in Geophysics from the University of Calgary, Alberta.
I am also a would-be data scientist, blogger, and independent researcher through my own company, MyCarta, which is involved in visualization and digital mapping of geoscience data. I like to explore methods from other disciplines (at the top of the list medical and forensic image analysis) and adapt them to geo-data.
I like Python.
- Stack Overflow 730 730 11 gold badge99 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Earth Science 649 649 55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Mathematica 273 273 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Computational Science 163 163 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Signal Processing 151 151 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 17 Is there an easy way to use Matteo Niccoli's perceptual color maps for 2D plots in Mathematica?
- 15 In the northern hemisphere only, what percentage of the surface is land?
- 14 What caused the bend in the Emperor/Hawaii chain of islands, 45 million years ago?
- 12 Estimating the permeability tensor of an oil field by remote sensing
- 7 IPython notebook interactive function: how to set the slider range
- 6 How to generate a rotated (by 90 degrees) logistic sigmoid function in Python
- 5 What Are the Best Algorithms for Document Image Thresholding (Example Inside)?
- View more network posts →