I'm an operational atmospheric scientist currently working for NOAA. I spend half of my time forecasting and studying the weather, and the other half scripting and programming scientific web pages and proprietary software.
I have several years of experience with:
- Scripting, PHP, Python, Perl, Matlab, VB, and (ugh) C
- RESTful APIs
- Database Administration
- Web Administration
- Data Analysis/Visualization
I'd like to improve on:
- Node.js / Angular.js / D3.js
- Ruby / Rails
- Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
- Open Source/Github
- Security & Efficiency
- Mobile Development
One last note: Please accept answers that work for you! It's the least you can do for those who take the time out to answer your questions.
Member for 6 years, 7 months
14 profile views
Last seen Jun 8 '17 at 23:28
Top network posts
- 86 Impossible or improbable? Hurricane crossing the equator
- 26 What do weather forecasters mean when they say "50% chance of rain"?
- 23 What causes 'positive' lightning to be rarer, higher charged, and longer lasting than 'negative' lightning?
- 21 How do tropopause folds form and do they have any impact on synoptic scale weather?
- 20 What are rare earths and why do they cluster near alkaline magmatism?
- 16 How do I explain why the Tibetan plateau is colder than lowlands at similar latitudes?
- 14 What are the impacts of sublimation on an annual mountain snowpack?
- View more network posts →