I'm officially retired, but still come out of hiding if an interesting job comes my way. I'm an ex-academic at Flinders Uni. Originally a geologist at University College London. My specialties have evolved in different directions. In approximate career order: geology > hydrogeology > hydrochemistry > hydrology > water resources management > climate change adaptation consultant. I've worked in 28 countries on every continent except South America and Antarctica.
As far as the Christianity stack exchange is concerned, I'm a theistic evolutionist with a passion for reconciling sound science with sound Christian theology.
Science isn't perfect, but I'm implacably opposed to unscientific creationism, climate-change denial, or any other nonsense that scientific method proves to be hogwash.
Adelaide, South Australia, or at work anywhere in the world
Member for 4 years, 4 months
9 profile views
Last seen May 24 '19 at 13:05
Top network posts
- 82 Are there any saltwater rivers on Earth?
- 34 Why is the temperature *still* rising?
- 28 Was Judea as desertified 2000 years ago as it is now?
- 19 How old is the oldest intact DNA?
- 17 Looking for evidence against some points raised in Ivar Giaever's speech on climate change
- 16 Why snow is white?
- 16 What is this weird looking structure in Ethiopian desert?
- View more network posts →