Since 2019 I am working at the German Climate Computing Center (DKRZ) in the Data Management department. Currently, I learn Python and get familiar with generating and processing JSON and XML files.
I did my PhD in atmospheric chemistry transport modeling at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG), Germany, and a PostDoc in marine biogeochemical modeling at the Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemünde (IOW), Germany. During these employments I used R, Fortran, VBA and Shell Scripting for data processing and model modifications. Moreover, I used GMT and R for visualization. I have experience with the Community Multiscale Airquality (CMAQ) model system (atmospheric chemistry) and with HBM-ERGOM and MOM-ERGOM (marine biogeochemistry).
Some years ago I learned Java but only a few bits are left of it. Even though I commonly use xUbuntu as operating system I try to keep track with the newer Windows version and the MS Office package.
In my free time I like gardening and doing sports :-) .
Member for 5 years, 2 months
9 profile views
Last seen Sep 15 '20 at 21:33
- Earth Science 2.5k 2.5k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Super User 658 658 88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 568 568 1212 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Academia 361 361 33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 177 177 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 19 Great Pacific Garbage Patch Equilibrium Points
- 14 Managing worker memory on a dask localcluster
- 14 Why do people do postdoc(s) when they can already do research as a professor?
- 12 Why does wind blow offshore in the morning?
- 12 How to easily remember orientation of latitude and longitude?
- 12 Why is carbon pollution given more importance than Sulfur pollution or Nitrogen pollution?
- 12 Regarding compression, shuffle filter of netcdf4
- View more network posts →