David the expat sez: "Stack Exchange Rocks!" so, let Stack Exchange be Stack Exchange.
My goal is to spend less time in my "...snow white cube containing only the bare necessities, a computer, and a large library of treatises, maps, and precise scale models*."
Member for 4 years, 6 months
24 profile views
Last seen Nov 5 at 7:35
- Space Exploration 113.6k 113.6k 3737 gold badges297297 silver badges921921 bronze badges
- Astronomy 23k 23k 66 gold badges4545 silver badges136136 bronze badges
- Earth Science 7.1k 7.1k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.4k 6.4k 2525 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Chemistry 6k 6k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 145 How did the Apollo computers evaluate transcendental functions like sine, arctangent, log?
- 104 What makes Ada the language of choice for the ISS's safety-critical systems?
- 96 What aspects of image preparation workflows can lead to accidents like Boris Johnson's No. 10 tweet's 'hidden message'?
- 86 If a massive object like Jupiter flew past the Earth how close would it need to come to pull people off of the surface?
- 84 Are there any satellites in geosynchronous but not geostationary orbits?
- 79 What can the KSP game actually teach about spaceflight and orbital mechanics, and what are its limitations?
- 78 How much bigger could Earth be, before rockets wouldn't work?
- View more network posts →