David the expat sez: "Stack Exchange Rocks!" so, let Stack Exchange be Stack Exchange.
My goal is to spend less time in my "...snow white cube containing only the bare necessities, a computer, and a large library of treatises, maps, and precise scale models*."
Member for 5 years
28 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Space Exploration 129.4k 129.4k 4141 gold badges351351 silver badges10591059 bronze badges
- Astronomy 28.3k 28.3k 66 gold badges5555 silver badges173173 bronze badges
- Earth Science 6.9k 6.9k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.7k 6.7k 2626 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- Chemistry 6.6k 6.6k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 154 How did the Apollo computers evaluate transcendental functions like sine, arctangent, log?
- 107 What makes Ada the language of choice for the ISS's safety-critical systems?
- 96 What aspects of image preparation workflows can lead to accidents like Boris Johnson's No. 10 tweet's 'hidden message'?
- 90 Are there any satellites in geosynchronous but not geostationary orbits?
- 88 If a massive object like Jupiter flew past the Earth how close would it need to come to pull people off of the surface?
- 82 What can the KSP game actually teach about spaceflight and orbital mechanics, and what are its limitations?
- 81 How much bigger could Earth be, before rockets wouldn't work?
- View more network posts →