With a merely humanities-oriented education, trying to become a little bit less ignorant about formal and natural sciences by studying by myself. Not attending any scientific University course, at least not yet.
With respect to my method of studying exact sciences, I try to understand each mathematical result needed to prove what the text that I am following says to hold true, without feeling satisfied - needless to say - with learning formulas by memory unless I have understood a proof of them.
In the particular case of physics and the physical aspects of other natural sciences, understanding the derivation of a physical law has the understanding of the mathematical results used to rigourously prove such a derivation as a necessary condition for me.
In the avatar: Karl Steinmetz.
The Piemont-Liguria Ocean
Member for 5 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 22 '15 at 20:30
- Mathematics 4.3k 4.3k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Physics 826 826 22 gold badges77 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Earth Science 579 579 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Biology 504 504 11 gold badge44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Chemistry 450 450 11 gold badge44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →