I'm a professor of mathematics at New Mexico Tech, in Socorro, NM. My mathematical interests are primarily in optimization and applications of optimization to parameter estimation and inverse problems, particularly in the earth sciences.
- Academia 34.3k 34.3k 44 gold badges6565 silver badges120120 bronze badges
- Computational Science 17.2k 17.2k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Mathematics 9.3k 9.3k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 4.8k 4.8k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 194 Two-thirds of my class colluded. Should I report them to the academic offences committee?
- 106 Solving for regression parameters in closed-form vs gradient descent
- 95 How to handle a student who will not accept that he is wrong?
- 72 Elsevier production team messed up my paper. What should I do?
- 71 What are the motivations for publishing new editions of an existing textbook, beyond new discoveries in a field?
- 67 How to explain to a student that it is common to include a supervisor as a co-author?
- 65 why is A*v+B*v faster than (A+B)*v?
- View more network posts →
This user doesn’t have any gold badges yet.
This user doesn’t have any silver badges yet.
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.